||[Jul. 27th, 2006|09:04 pm]
Scum, Scammers, Jerks, and Liars and the stuff the
This is a sister community to forsale and is intended to be more open than that community, with a whole lot fewer rules.|
The main idea is that you can post warnings about users who have ripped you off, lied, cheated, or otherwise caused you loss in a transaction online. This isn't limited to activity in forsale but extends to any relatively formal trade or sale agreement online; on LJ, etsy, ebay, yahoo, etc.
There will be no "list" of bad sellers kept here by this moderator.
- Post a full description of the situation.
- Do not disable comments or your post will be deleted
- Post publicly, not friends-only if you can.
- Comments will not be deleted unless they are offensive; use common sense.
- There's a fine line between warning people and abuse, and that's to the community of users and your trusty moderator to decide.
- If you were ripped off doing something illegal, don't expect much sympathy from the moderator (trading bootlegs, selling CD-Rs, etc)
- Do not post advertisements for your own stores, sales, trades, or communities; go to forsale or elsewhere for that.
This is a moderated community, and it may take a 1-7 days for me to add you to the group. Once you're approved (and you will be approved unless your account has been deleted by the time I get to you), you will be able to post freely.
You don't have to stick to complaining; if you have an experience that was genuinely good, you can mention that, but the line between mentioning a legitimate good experience and advertising a friend's store is pretty thin, so please be honest.